Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My brother- the purest soul that ever was

This is an understatement. My brother is always proving to us, without trying, what a pure soul he is. He never ceases to amaze me. If you meet my brother, he is quirky and socially awkward. He might engage you in a lengthy conversation about the Israeli Army or Paintball, or pyrotechnics or some other thing that no one else on the planet knows about. But when you get past all of that, he is the gentlest soul I have ever met.

About 2 months ago, he and my mom were both interviewing for jobs. A month later my brother had not gotten the job he had interviewed for, but my mom found out she had been offered the position she was trying for. Our entire family was full of glee, and still is. My mom told me later that my brother had prayed to Baha'u'llah that if only one job could be had, that he wished my mom could have her job. And she got it. He sacrificed his own well being and progress for that of my mom and dad. He brings tears to my eyes. It is moments like these that I realize that my brother is a great man. And he will be a great husband and father too.

I am proud to call these people my family!

No comments: