Saturday, March 29, 2008

I heart art

This weekend Houston had one of their annual art festivals, which I went to with my 3 boys. We had such a lovely time walking around outside (which you all know I love to do) chit chatting, looking at art, and just enjoying the day together. No rushing, no schedules, just being.

Here are a couple of the artists which I heart (yes this is the theme for my blog this week "things I heart")

********************************************************
Lori Storey

This artist takes actual pieces from the natural surroundings in Greece, and casts them with copper, silver or gold to make her jewelry. This was my favorite I've seen by her.

*******************************************************
Juan Felipe Barreneche

Nature watches- made from wood. All different kinds. I love them for a casual watch, they are just so different.

*******************************************************
Audrey Heller


I just think she is so clever! Each photo so cute.

*******************************************************
Kate Barrere


There were two things unique to this artist. The first is these pop dots which she has a ton of. I would love to have a whole collection of these funky little oval pieces. The other was her mixed medium art- of which she has no good examples on her website.

*******************************************************
Then there is Mark Traughber I just don't know what to say about Mark. First of all, I am in love with him. Second of all, he is a way cool guy. Thirdly, Cute D and I have decided that he really should have made out with me when he had the chance. And last- he was the hottest man I have seen in a long, long time--manly, unshaven, messy hair, motorcycle boots, aviators- scrumptious. All of that aside, I really liked looking at his creations.


No comments: