Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Madness Abounding

Walked into work on Monday to discover that this was going to be the week from hell. Hair on fire as The Captain would say.

We have it all: cocktail parties, formal luncheons, CLE's, clients working 'round the clock, my staff working 'round the clock, me ordering food 'round the clock.

I can't believe that two weeks ago I couldn't walk and now I'm working 12-15 hour days and running all over the place making sure it all gets done. The key to my success this week: having no other plans, better living through chemistry, absence of Person A, and realizing that I love my job!

Let me speak to the absence of Person A. Normally he is calling me every 10 minutes wondering where I am and what I'm doing and why I'm not home sitting on the couch. I realized yesterday that not having to worry about him constantly and not having him badger me to get home makes this week so much easier!

Perks of this week: great food, tons of overtime, losing 6 pounds for all of the running around, my team uniting to get the job done!

It's not even close to over yet, but the madness is driving me right now and I love it!

No comments: