Monday, December 24, 2007

The great announcement

So it took only about an hour for my aunt, whom I love, to say "OK Jenny, so when are you going to dish?" My aunt and I have a great relationship. She and I can speak so frankly to each other, and what others may think is a strained conversation, is actually a loving conversation. She speaks her mind and I understand her. So I sat in the living room and told my entire family what had been going on over the last 5 years. Again I am received with some great support and love.

My Grammi says "Life is too short to be unhappy, and I'm really glad you stood up for yourself."

My uncle follows with "Men who cannot handle strong women, have issues."

And my cousin, in classic form says "I'm just going to stay out of it."

Thank God that is over and that my family is the greatest!

No comments: