Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Tipping Point

I'm reading a book- I know a phenomenon in and of itself. The Tipping Point. It's all about how people do things or buy things and it's cool, but then at some point these things become real trends. Like that one penny that takes you from a regular person to a millionaire or how one run way model wore leggings and now its a total trend and everyone is wearing leggings (that was for my girls). So this book examines at what point our actions stop climbing the side of the tower and start tipping it over. I'm not very far in the book, but it is super interesting.

And...it got me to thinking. I'm sort of at this huge crossroads in my life, and so I'm starting to evaluate what my own tipping point is. I had a chat with a little lady in Chicago the other day. She advised me to keep a journal for 6 months, everyday, of my interactions with a certain person and to start really analyzing them and examining them. At first I thought, I don't really want to do this, how laborous and painful. And, I'm not one to journal, but then I'm not one to read or have a blog either, nonetheless, here I am- journalling, blogging and reading. And surprisingly, this journalling thing has been quite liberating. I've been doing it now for about a week and it's amazing. Eye opeing. And so I thought I would need 6 months to reach my tipping point, but I'm thinking it will come a lot sooner.

1 comment:

golriz said...

I love reading you.
x