Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's Official- I'm a workaholic

This was definitely not supposed to happen to me. But it has. I left work at 9:06pm tonight. And this isn't the first time.

How do people do it? How do I do it? I don't know, but for some reason I just keep on plugging away. Do other people have the disease of never being done? Because I feel like it's just me out there in the "all work zone" by myself... well me and the 36 year old single females running Fortune 500 companies.

It seems like part of the problem is that I never finish. It's not that I'm inefficient, or atleast I don't think it is, but I can never just clear my desk, leave for the day and be happy about it. Maybe it's that I always see something that needs to be done. Maybe it's that I'm a perfectionist. Maybe I just like working so I constantly create more work. Well, whatever the reason, I work all of the time.

Atleast I love my job. It could be worse, I could be a workaholic at a job I loathe. And I have to take a moment to be thankful. I really needed a job change earlier this year, I asked God for it, went out into the world to go after it, and I got it! I am so grateful! Not many people get paid to do what they really love, get paid well, and feel a true sense of accomplishment. And I do.

Here's a big thank you to the Universe for aligning at the right time just for me.

1 comment:

golriz said...

i'm there with you.
the only reason i'm okay with it is because i love what i do.
but as soon as that wears off i'm looking for a job that involves testing hammocks on the beaches in thailand.
down?