Monday, June 16, 2008

Authenticity

I had a convo with my BFF today about authenticity. I'm sorry people but I embody the word. If I like you, I will give you my all. If I have a strong repugnance to you, my heart cannot be around you.

So I've realized that I am an authentic person living in an un-authentic world. The majority of people out there cannot seem to handle it. And so I will probably spend most days and nights of my life alone for the sheer reason that I tell what is on my mind and in my heart. As my motto says: my soul is the one thing I cannot compromise. I just can't stop being me. I can't stop the way I lead my interactions with people. But I wonder sometimes if I am so in the minority, should I try to change? It can be so frustrating at times... to see the look on a person's face when I have just slapped them with my reality and then feel I have to narrate what I just said for minutes on end to help them understand the dose I have just given them. I feel like my mom has this trouble sometimes as well. And so I think I have inherited it.

No comments: