Sunday, May 4, 2008

What I love about Blogging

The release of it all- there are very few topics I think and feel that I choose not to write about. If there is a topic I don't want to be out and out about, I just "write cryptically" and that takes care of the problem. After a long day, or a relaxing day, or if I see a little something funny, or sad news I need to get off my chest, I can turn to this. I've never written before this last year. I just woke up one day and decided I had a whole lot to say and no one in particular to say it to. Gold Reeves had a blog that I read and so I decided to start this one. And thank God I did, I think it keeps me sane, it's like intense therapy-- I don't have to sensor.

No rules, just right- when I was growing up I was a horrible writer, I was never one to be able to express myself on paper. I was an oral communicator. Because of this gift, the gift of writing was never mine, for I wrote how I spoke, and while charismatic as my speaking is, it doesn't bode well for 5 paragraph formal essays. And so I was told that I couldn't write and so I never have unless required. During my years at M & M I had to write a lot of business compositions. Through the coaching of my boss I learned how to translate my charisma into persuasive letters and memos. I became quite good at it and now am teaching my new boss my ways. The thing I love about the blog though, is that I can write in whatever style I wish. No one is grading, examining, checking grammar and spelling. I make up words, use my acronyms and crazy phrases as I please. Gold Reeves says that when when she reads me she hears me talking- I love it.

Getting addicted to other people's blogs- when you have a blog, you read other people's blogs and they, in return, read yours back. It's a crazy phenomenon we having going on here in cyberspace, but I love it. If I want to catch up with someone in the middle of the night, I just log on and read their work, see what they are doing with their day, their hopes and dreams come across, funny things that happen to them-- it makes me feel connected to the people I really love in my life, but whom I don't necessarily speak with constantly. At the top of my list of people who I wish would Blog- Mazza, KK, and Double B's. Mazza because I think her blog would the funniest thing I have ever read and KK because I think she has a lot to say about her life, but doesn't- I think it would be a great release for you too! Double B's- I have no idea what it is, but there is something not right with you at this time in your life and I would love to have a safe place for you to communicate with me about it.

My loyal readers- I cannot thank you enough, it makes me feel so good when you call me and tell me that you've read, or when you leave comments, or make reference about something we've never had a convo about-- I know you care and I know you read. I often times gear my blog entries to an individual-- and you should know who you are when it happens. There are secrets I hold with each of you. Love it when Captain D leaves me little messages about me making him "cry" (dramatic as it may be). I love that Jen N-M "reads me religiously" and that KK and Court call me to remind me to blog if I haven't in a day. LOVE that Double B's lets me know when he's read something I wrote about him ;) Love that Gold Reeves loves my writing, as I respect her writing so much! And there are so many more of you and I love that you hang in there with me and support me as I embark on each new journey of my life!

No comments: