Tuesday, May 6, 2008

For Jen N-M

Just because you asked, do I post this blog. I have nothing really to say tonight about any of the goings on in my life. But because I love you so much, here are some thoughts about my day:

My boss made me go to Popeye's chicken today. I don't eat fast food, much less deep fried battered fatty chicken. I am so sick right now. Please, if anyone of you hear me going to eat Popeyes, remind me of this day in history, May 6, 2008. After we ate at the Popeyes, which is an experience in and of itself in Downtown Houston, she made me go shopping at Macy's. Macy's is my signature downfall-- of course I found 3 suits that I cannot live without and a couple of pair of shoes. Did I mention that I had to carry a bag of chicken around in Macy's to take to one of my co-workers? So here I am smelling like chicken carrying around a bag of chicken in Macy's. It's a picture.

I love the song Lorelei by David Gray- download it. I love him singing and playing in a minor key, it's so soothing coming from him.

I was reminded today that no matter how bad your hair looks, if you put a fabulous pair of sunglasses on top of your head, you will be HOT!

I am going to take up residency at my office. I may as well. Today I almost broke down after the 3rd person called me after I was supposed to be gone for the day to order lunch for their meeting tomorrow- just kill me now. I worked another 2 hours extra tonight. Not that my life is all that exciting right now, but I really just wanted to go home.

I took the longest most fabulous shower tonight: one to wash the chicken stench off of me and two to forego my cigar in an attempt to ween myself. Not that I'm a smoker, but I am so conscience about it that I'm trying to not be addicted to something I'm not actually addicted to.

I am so excited about my weekend, I am having a full, fabulous and free weekend- I scored free baseball tickets on Thursday night, free Opera tickets on Friday night and am going to a free performance by the Ballet on Saturday night.

I have to write my YOP letter- dreading it, scared, don't know what to say. Thank God LSA was cancelled tonight. I was having performance anxiety.

My schedule is still messed up from weeks of madness. I want to sleep at 6am, and be up all night, but 6am is shower time, not sleepy time and so the two are clashing badly. Please internal clock, get adjusted where I need you.

"The Wanderer" stole a banana after a meeting today- caught her red-handed, "Lanners" was in rare form and I thought she was going to have a breakdown over bacon today, and "D.P" took a breakfast taco right off of a serving cart that one of my attendants was wheeling to the employee lounge- so glad I don't have a massive food compulsion. I think working around food actually makes me not want it. When I get home, I don't even want to eat.

That's all I got! Thanks for reading, I hope it entertained you during feedings! Love you.

2 comments:

Write Softly said...

Priceless. Even when you have nothing to say, I want to hear it. :) I love how *real* your posts always are. Thank you for posting!!

golriz said...

chicken is your signature scent. embrace it i say.
oh and i'm also trying not to be addicted to the things i shouldn't be addicted to. but boy oh boy do they go so well with hot summer nights and back porches. i blame corpus christi. that was our downfall. in fact, let's just blame dallas stranklan. where IS dallas these days?