Saturday, February 9, 2008

Just today

I saw a girl running with her kite by the lake I walk around on Saturday mornings. I loved seeing the colors of the kite shining in the sunlight.

I saw a young boy putting up his lemonade stand while I was on my walk. I asked if he would be open later today for business, as I think it is so important to support our young entrepreneurs- he informed me very matter-of-factly that he would be open tomorrow before lunch. I promised I would be back. As I walked around the neighborhood I saw his little hand-written posters hung all around directing people to his driveway. It is so cute!

I realized that I am beyond poor. And, even though I wanted to hold on to my house, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to. My first steps in lowering my monthly bills is removing Person A from all insurance policies, canceling the housekeeper, not using any electricity or gas (heating and cooling) and living on what I currently have in my refrigerator for as long as I can.

I saw that my hot water heater is leaking- that's not a good sign. I think it is rusting from the inside out. I'm not sure how much one of these costs, but I'm sure it is going to totally bust at the most inconvenient time.

I realized that my fence on the left side of my house is also falling in.

I got a notice from my home-owner's association that I have to have my house power-washed before March 4th.

I am going to the hair doctor. Thank God. I'm looking pretty ratty. Now I look like a rock star

I ate ice cream- fat free of course, but I still ate it.

1 comment:

golriz said...

i went shopping for ayyami ha presents today and had so much fun. i'm going to send your package early missy so you have to be the one to sit and stare at it until you can officially open it. :)