Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I crashed

For some reason, once a month-- and no, not at "that time of the month," I completely crash out for 24 hours. I am thankful that it always seems to happen on a day when people aren't blowing up my phone, and waiting on me to show up somewhere, or when I have an appointment. It happened last night. I slept- like a dead person- for 12 solid hours. Who does that? Me...once a month.

*
*
*

I received this email last night... while crashed out. KK, your words lifted me:

"... I don't want you to be scared about anything. I want you to feel safe and accomplished as a woman on her own...(then she went on to tell me about a scary thing that happened to her this week)...These are our lives and they are scary and ugly but there are so many more beautiful things and times for us to focus on so remember the good stuff when the bad stuff haunts you."

You know what to say and when, and I am so thankful that you are in my life. I prayed, before all of this happened to me, that God would surround me with wonderful people who would love and uplift me and give me strength. If this isn't a demonstration of the gift of exactly that, I don't know what is.

No comments: