Monday, January 26, 2009

The downfall starts

I knew that the days of my semi-charmed life would come to a swift conclusion. I knew that one day all of my shenanigans would catch up with me. And today may be that day.

First of all, Person A filed his Answer late Friday afternoon. My lawyer just received a copy of it this afternoon, which means I will not be going to court tomorrow to finalize everything. It also means that the finality of this part of my life will be prolonged. It's just a pain.

Second, I work with a caterer who is a friend. We are having all sorts of problems with some old invoices, which I can just feel coming down on my head. I will ultimately be blamed for the problems, no matter what. The buck stops at my desk and I will quite possibly be screwed in the whole deal.

The second issue might play into a third issue- it might prevent me from getting the NYC position.

I just feel the punishment coming on.

1 comment:

Anusce@Ciao-Chow said...

I am so sorry to hear about the issues!! I am glad that you do have a lawyer! Unfortunately, the legal system is not the fastest!

I hope you will not get blamed,
I hope you are worrying for no reason and I hope that you will be closer soon (Boston-NY only 4 hours!!!)