Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A boy named Ryan

Ryan got married this weekend. It is a crazy thing for many of you who read my blog to think about. You may have known him when he was 12 flustered with A.D.D., or as a teen-ager only interested in video games and taking things apart, or how about the phase when he sported a 4 inch Mohawk? I remember all of these as well, but I think yesterday will stand out as my best memory. He’s a man now, with a wife, whom I adore, and a real live career that takes him all over North America, and who will soon have his own house. The scrawny little lost kid from Bonne Terre who grew up on Spring Way Drive turned out to be pretty ok. I’m really proud of you Bud.

2 comments:

Write Softly said...

Is it not surreal to watch your younger brother do something as monumental as commit to spiritual vows to another human being? I remember when my middle brother got married, several years before I did myself. I felt so strange watching it all happen to him, and yet overjoyed for his happiness.

I hope the weekend was a good one for your entire family, including your new sister-in-law. How are you recovering from what must have been a whirlwind weekend, including a "no bullshit zone"?

golriz lucina said...

wowzers. i can't even imagine how it will feel to be at my younger sibling's weddings. we desperately need to catch up. this weekend i'm driving to mississippi - don't ask - wanna talk then?