Monday, August 11, 2008

What I'm up to

So I've reached the end of the summer, successfully...And I am tired from our shenanigans, as fun as they were and as much as I laugh at us daily. But the reality is that we are not 19 anymore, we are 23. And so I think our conversation today was due. Both deciding to hang back and just enjoy life as it is, not looking for "the one" not out searching for anything that comes our way. I'm happy about it. I will like our fall and winter just as much as our summer.

I haven't turned my TV on at least 4 months. I know, and what a beautiful television it is, and for what I paid for it, I should quit my job and watch it all day-- oh wait, I had someone doing that for years. So the TV has rested as of late. But the Olympics are on, and I can't help myself. I'm a sucker for women's gymnastics and forget swimming, I'm obsessed. I love the elegance of the butterfly and the excitement of any relay race. LOVE LOVE IT. It makes me want to head over to the Houstonia and swim my little heart out. I am going to be camped out in front of the television for the next 2 weeks for sure!

I'm up to running 2 miles on the treadmill with out stopping. Considering I could only run 1/4 of a mile when I started working out, that is quite an improvement. I'm very proud of myself, sticking with it, being determined, working hard. The results have come already and I only feel good about my health and well-being in the future.

I'm actually getting bored of work right now. Not much is going on, no events to plan right now, recruiting season is over, and I have nothing to do. Today a co-worker stopped and as we talked, the conversation weaved itself to "what's next" for each of us. Surprisingly, she has a potential job for me...in events...in a hotel...in DENVER. I'm very excited about exploring the prospect. I am promising myself to knock on every door that presents itself. Depending on how I feel about each door will determine if I will actually walk through it.

Julia and I have a song we listen to and call the wrist slitting song. Today, we were driving and the song came on, and we looked at each other and asked "who are you wrist slitting over today?" And we both said no one. Not reeling over anyone. I just feel at par with my emotions, and she the same. It's a good feeling, one that I dreaded for a long time. I thought if I wasn't pining for someone, I would feel empty, but I'm pretty ok.

1 comment:

montague said...

the olympics are AWESOME, and it is perfectly fine to spend 6 hours sitting on a couch every night watching them. yes it is.