Saturday, October 6, 2007

Donuts in a Chaffer



My favorite thing about my job is taking the ordinary, in this case donuts, and making them extraordinary, by putting them in a chrome chaffer to keep them warm. It cracks me up. Who puts donuts in a chaffer? I bet in your office, when you stop to pick up donuts for a meeting you just put the box as-is on the table...and the people better be appreciative that you took the 8 minutes out of your day to pick them up and the $11 out of your wallet to pay for them.

I have a client who always requests "2 dozen warm glazed donuts from Shipley's" Don't think about getting them from Dunkin' Donuts, or Best Donuts or even Krispy Kreme. And... they better be warm. Well by the time I pick them up on my way in to work, park my car, walk the 3 blocks to my office building, and up 26 floors to the Conference Center, they are no longer "warm." How do we rectify this situation... we put them in a chaffer and warm them up and keep them warm.

I wanted so badly to take a picture of this little funny thing we do, but by the time we had the donuts all set up, the clients were arriving and I missed the photo op. Next time.

No comments: