Saturday, November 29, 2008

The day after

I L-O-V-E love Thanksgiving. Love everything about it, the food, family, friends, the long weekend, it's all great to me.

The day after Thanksgiving, however, is laced with things I hate. Here's my list:

1. Those blow up Christmas thingys start appearing in everyone's front yard.
2. People say "Happy Holidays" to you everywhere you go, even when you check out from the pet store.
3. The only music, if you can call it that, which can be found in any eatery or shopping venue has to do with Frosty, Donner and Blitzen.
4. Airline ticket prices automatically go way up.
5. All of the neurotic secretaries in my office come out of the woodwork to plan their Christmas parties with me.

So I am sorry that all of my angst about the day after Thanksgiving revolves around Christmas, but people are out of control!

No comments: